Red Hat Inktank Ceph Ready 42U Rack, Monitor, Object Storage Servers with 10GbE Networking Deliver Complete, Rapid Deployment Scale-Out Storage Solutions
San Jose, CA, May 12, 2014 – Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing reveals complete server and storage rack solutions configured with Inktank Ceph this week at the OpenStack Summit in Atlanta, May 12-16.
Inktank was acquired by Red Hat in April 2014. Supermicro’s 42U rack object-based storage clusters feature end-to-end 10GbE interconnectivity across triple redundant 1U Monitor nodes and compute/capacity balanced 3.5” HDD/SSD storage servers in 2U 12x bay, 4U 36x bay and 4U 72x bay configurations. The complete cluster solution is engineered to handle extreme scale-out storage applications with maximum performance and reliability to meet the most stringent SLAs. Fully populated rack solutions make it easy for cloud providers to rapidly implement and scale with consistent rack-to-rack layouts, simplifying the maintenance and management of multi-petabyte storage deployments.
“With Internet and Cloud expansion generating massive amounts of unstructured data, there is an urgent need for extremely scalable, manageable and cost effective storage solutions that go beyond the scope of today’s ordinary storage solutions,” said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. “Our Enterprise class, energy efficient server, storage and networking architecture with the sophisticated data synchronization and balancing capabilities of Inktank Ceph deliver a truly extraordinary solution that addresses these industry growth challenges. Our Ceph-based 1U 4x 3.5” HDD monitor node and 4U 72x HDD/SSD object-based storage servers combined with high-bandwidth 10GbE network interconnectivity maximize performance while delivering the highest density and practically infinite scalability in our fully integrated 42U rack solutions.”
“Ceph was developed with the goal to transform deployment, management and maintenance of cloud-scale storage infrastructure,” said Ben Cherian, vice president, Strategic Development, at Inktank. “Our open source-based software-defined storage solution is highly scalable and provides world class data protection and performance, all of which can lower the barrier of entry to many organizations in need of hyper dynamic storage pools. Collaborating with Supermicro, we’ve found an ideal solution partner that can deliver well tuned server and storage platforms that complement our technology and drive to deliver cost-effective high performance storage solutions to mass markets.”
Supermicro ready-to-deploy object-based storage solutions are configured, tested and delivered in 42U rack clusters featuring end-to-end 10GbE interconnectivity with a 1U performance optimized Monitor node, 2U or 4U high density, high capacity Object Storage Daemon (OSD) nodes, a 10GbE top-of-rack network switch and out-of-band server management utilities.
Supermicro Clusters and Components
- 42U SuperRack® Cabinet (SRK-42SE-02)
o 42U-320TB (SRS-42E112-CEPH-01) – Integrated Ceph Rack, 3x Mon, 8x 2U OSD, Networking & PDU
o 42U-1.08PB (SRS-42E136-CEPH-01) – Integrated Ceph Rack, 3x Mon, 9x 4U OSD, Networking & PDU
o 42U-2.16PB (SRS-42E172-CEPH-01) – Integrated Ceph Rack, 3x Mon, 9x 4U OSD, Networking & PDU
- Monitor Node (SYS-6017R-MON1) – Single Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 v2 Processor, 128GB memory, 4x 3.5” hot-swappable 400GB HDDs, dual-port 10G (SFP+)
- 2U 12x HDD/SSD Bay OSD Node (SSG-6027R-OSD040H) – Dual Intel® E5-2630 v2 (6-core) Processors, 128GB memory, 2X 400GB SSD, 10x 4TB HDDs, rear 2.5” mirrored 40GB hot-swap OS SSDs, dual-port 10G (SFP+)
- 4U 36x HDD/SSD Bay OSD Node (SSG-6047R-OSD120H) – Dual Intel® E5-2630 v2 (6-core) Processors, 128GB memory, 6X 400GB SSD, 30x 4TB HDDs, rear 2.5” mirrored 40GB hot-swap OS SSDs, quad-port 10G (SFP+)
- 4U 72x HDD/SSD Bay OSD Node (SSG-6047R-OSD240H) – Dual Intel® E5-2670 v2 (10-core) Processors, 256GB memory, 12X 400GB SSD, 60x 4TB HDDs, rear 2.5” mirrored 40GB hot-swap OS SSDs, quad-port 10G (SFP+)
- 1U Layer 2/3, 1/10GbE Ethernet Switches – 24x (RJ45) 1GbE ports, 4x (CX4, XFP, or SFP+) 10GbE ports (SSE-G24-TG4); 24x (SFP+) 10GbE ports (SSE-X24S / SSE-X3348S(R)
- Supermicro Server Management Software Utilities (www.supermicro.com/SMS)
- Supermicro Onsite Service and Support (www.supermicro.com/OSS)
To see the latest server innovations from Supermicro and for further information on Supermicro’s complete line of high performance solutions please visit www.sentralsystems.com