Sentral IT is pleased to announce the launch of the Supermicro ‘Ready To Go’ Range of servers and workstations.
- Available Next Business Day
- Come with 3 years NBD Parts/Engineer onsite warranty as standard
- Have Clear Power Usage Figures
Please see below for an introduction to the first of the five new systems -
• Includes 4 x 3.5” Hot-Swap Hard Drive SATA/SAS Bays for customizable storage.
• The RX-1240i supports significantly more memory Up to 512GB, in 16 DIMMS compared to earlier generations.
• The Wide IO technology enables the end customer to add up to 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 Full-height, Half length add on cards in the 1U form factor.
• 700w 1+1 Redundant Gold Level High-Efficiency Power Supply designed to run at significantly higher efficiencies of up to 92%+, thus greatly reducing energy losses and the total cost of ownership (TCO).
• Optimized system architecture designed to take advantage of Supermicro’s power saving technology to produce optimal cooling at all application levels.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
With the current push towards cloud computing there are a lot of design considerations and choices one has to make when implementing the platform of which hardware makes up a significant portion of the solution. The RX-1240i is a solid choice providing local expandable storage, excellent memory capabilities and greener power supplies. This means you will run a cost-efficient platform from the beginning. Whilst cloud environments don’t require a high level of fault tolerance, since your cloud software should provide self healing capabilities, we do provide the RX-1240i with redundant power units. We think this is a sensible option to
help maximise your data-center personnel time which saves cost in the long term.
Running on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 the RX-1240i yields a performance boost of up to 80%* over previous generation platforms.
Powered by Supermicro, the Ready To Go server range are complete systems that incorporate the latest advancements in technology to meet the demands of today’s data-driven world.
Just add software.
Did You Know..?
Worldwide usage of Supermicro high-efficiency solutions could save up to $5.7 billion per year in electricity cost, or the equivalent of 9 billion trees compared to the servers in use in today’s data centres.
Contact Sentral for further information and keep a watch out for part 2 of this series, ‘The Scalable Server’